Saturday, September 27, 2014

Decisions and The Painted Wench

For a very long time I've wanted to build some kind of village/town/city and have a camera fly through it. I've had many ideas and been going back and forth between fantasy, historical and sci fi. Since I don't really know the best way to do it, I've also been thinking a lot about how to do it. Should I build many lowpoly buildings, or divide building into reusable sections or what's the best way.
Whenever I play a game I try to look at how they build it and especially using the Skyrim construction tool helped me a lot. So I finally decided to go for a kinda traditional fantasy village.
Instead of just jumping into it like I've done so many times before, this time I started by writing down information about the village.

I used the very handy tools at http://chaoticshiny.com/index.php to create a living village. First I created a civilization then I went on to create a panteon, the flag of the country and the village itself. That included what merchants is available as well as a tavern. When I was all done and satisfied I had quite a clear view of what the village would be like.

The first building I created was the tavern which is called The Painted Wench. It's quite a decent tavern which is popular with the locals as well as travelers. There's a few rooms for those who wants to stay the night.

I reused some of my old work but most of it was built looking at Skyrim and pictures online.


2 comments:

  1. This is just amazing, I will try downloading, installing and using all thise. It looks really good. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete